Healthy Nutritious food for kids with their benefits to guide the parents
Healthy food for kids depends on the same principle as for adults. Every person requires vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, protein, and fats in their daily eating routine. However, their nutrient requirement changes with their age.
- So, every parent worries about which formula is best suited to his child’s growth and development. If you include the following items in your child’s daily routine then you are doing the right job and no need to be worry.
- Protein. Seafood, Lean meat and Poultry, Eggs, Beans, Peas, Soy products, and Unsalted nuts and Seeds should be preferred.
- Fruits. Encourage your child to eat fresh fruits rather than canned, frozen items and fruit juices.
- Vegetables. Serve a variety of fresh vegetables like green leafy, red, or orange-colored vegetables (tomato, carrot, spinach), beans, and peas to them rather than frozen vegetables.
- Grains. Select whole grains, such as whole-wheat bread, oatmeal, popcorn, quinoa, or brown rice but limit refined grains like white bread, pasta, and white rice.
- Dairy. Inspire your child to eat and drink dairy products free from fat or very low fat, such as milk, yogurt, cheese, etc.
Limit your child’s calories from:
- Added sugar. Limit their added sugar intake like white sugar, corn syrup, brown sugar, honey, etc. Naturally occurring sugars as found in fruits and milk are not included in added sugars. Avoid such drink which has added sugars such as soda, and energy drinks.
- Saturated and trans fats. Saturated fats mainly come from animal sources like red meat, poultry, and full-fat dairy products. Find such ways to replace saturated fats with vegetable ones because they provide the necessary fatty acids.
- Sodium. A low sodium diet is best for children, so check their food items while offering them. Encourage them to take healthy food like fruits for snacking rather than fried food or frozen item as they are high in sodium content.
Most unhealthy food should be avoided for kids
- Snacks like burgers, Frozen potato chips,
- Drinks like canned juices, sport drinks, soda
- Hot dog
- Packaged foods like chips,candies,biscuits
- Frozen items like nuggets
Why should parents go to make a food chart for kids?
A food chart reduces the parent’s tension related to choosing healthy food for their children daily. So, here are important tips for using a food chart for kids
- Select and download printable food charts for kids as available online.
- Prepare a balanced and healthy diet for your child on a daily basis.
- Must add food rich in essential nutrients like carbohydrates and proteins.
- Create such a food chart for kids that appeal to them visually and encourage them to eat according to it to get a balanced meal.
- Prepare delicious and appealing food recipes including healthy ingredients as mentioned on the chart.
- Must have reminders for children to drink plenty of water in the whole day.
What are the advantages of using a food chart?
- It guides the parents to prepare balanced meals for children.
- It Inspires children to eat healthy nutritious food required for their physical and mental health development.
- It aids in providing a balanced diet.
- It boosts their energy level to perform their daily activities.
- It strengthens the immunity in children to fight off infectious diseases.
“Physical fitness of child is the first requisite of happiness.”